Thursday, October 16, 2008

My decision is final...whether you agree or not.

I have decided to write a blog to inform people I know of a certain decision that I have thought long and hard about. After I announce this decision, I beg you to please read my reasoning. If you don't agree, that is fine. Just please try to understand at least, and respect my decision as my own. No one convinced me of this - I wholeheartedly debated it within my own head and decided completely on my own.

I have decide not to vote in this election.

Now, calm down. I know you are probably really upset and disappointed with this decision, but please hear me out. I have a right to choose this. We, as Americans, have a right to vote, meaning we can choose to not utilize that right. It is not because I don't think my vote matters, or that I just don't care; it is because I think either candidate will be great for our country and I just don't have the knowledge on the affairs that I think I should have to vote effectively.

I have taken quizzes, watched the debates, read the newspapers. I have worked hard on trying to teach myself the issues. I do understand many of them on a surface level, but I don't have enough experience as an adult to make a truly informed decision on who deserves to run our country. Heck with that outlook, you know that I think my vote matters - I am acting as if my vote is the ONLY one that matters! ;)

I really truly have faith in both candidates. I am a fully moderate voter (and yes even though I am not voting in my first chance of voting, I AM still a voter) and am completely amazed at both candidates. I think they are such intelligent men and even if you don't agree with their views, at least respect them for what they aspire to do and have already done for our country. Whoever wins this year, will get us out of this economic downfall and work their hardest to do what's best for the United States of America. They may make decisions that you hate, but it is impossible to make every single American happy 100% of the time (Thank you Mrs. Prather for teaching me that lesson).

The one good thing that I ask you to take away from this blog, especially if you are beyond disgruntled by my decision, is to just have faith in this country. I love the USA. I am beyond thankful for the life she has given me and thankful for how she has provided for my parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents who immigrated here for the American Dream. Don't forget that American Dream. Remember We the People, what those men were truly doing when they signed the Declaration and wrote our Constitution. They saw this. They envisioned how America is today, and guided us with those documents even after they left our world.

Barak Obama or John McCain? I choose both. Good luck and God bless!

Sincerely,
The Ern

No comments: