Thursday, September 11, 2008

And in the beginning...

Welcome readers to Optimistic Pessimism!

I am not a writer. I used to think I was a writer until the wonderful day came that I went to college and took a writing class. I, by no means, failed; I just didn't do as well as I had expected. I technically have started this blog because of a class I am taking now, but I have been wanting to start one for a while.

Now, what is optimistic pessimism. I really have no fucking idea, personally...it's just something I consider a quality of mine. A big quality. I rant on and on about staying optimistic to everyone (mostly my boyfriend), yet I think I am probably the most pessimistic person I know.
The name came to me right before I began this blog because I told a couple people close to me the phrase "This too shall pass". That's a pretty damn optimistic phrase and I sat here and told these people that it's something I live by. In actuality, I wouldn't say I live by - I rely on it. I only think about the phrase when I am going through something tough, which is not at all living by it. I don't think twice about the phrase when I am happily content with my life.


Anyway, I have begun my blog and I hope that you enjoy it. I must warn you that it will probably not exceed too many expectations - meaning it will probably be dull and dry most of the time, but if you are willing to tune in, I will be more than happy to continue writing! On to my endless amount of homework that I have been bitching about for a few days now.

Sincerely,
The Ern

No comments: